Monday 13 August 2012

Happy Birthday!!

Ok... It's not my birthday. But I figure since today is the starting day for this blog, it's technically the blog's birthday, right?

I've been thinking of starting a blog for a while now - I've been reading them regularly for over 2 years, and I've discovered/learnt/kept in touch with different people and things that I probably wouldn't have been able to otherwise. The problem is, the more I read, the more I want to be able to give back some of this advice (and let's face it, some time wasting!) to other people. My fear has been - what do I have to talk about? What do I know about, and can write about, that hasn't already been said a million times before?

For those who don't know me - I'm 28 years old,  recently married, and living in an absolutely beautiful part of Brazil with my Brazilian husband.  Late March 2011, I decided to throw caution to the wind and follow my heart to be with him, not knowing if it would be a mistake or the best decision I ever made, but knowing I would regret it if I didn't try. I know the answer now!! BEST decision I have made, hands down!! The last year and a half has been a year of huge adjustments and changes - new country, new language, new house, new job, marriage - pretty much everything that's on the list of most stressful things you can do! But it's also given me some of the happiest and inspiring moments too.

So back to the question - what have I got to write about? I want to write about the small challenges I have been setting myself, and will continue setting myself, to enjoy life to the fullest. Right now, that means I'll be writing about learning to cook healthy (and easy, and cheap!) food, exercising, learning Portuguese, and other little challenges that come up in my day to day life.

First challenge: exercise. I started the Couch to 5K running program last week. Wish me luck!!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging! I hope you find it to be a fun way to share whatever it is you have to share. Looking forward to seeing Brazilian life through your eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your blog! I'm sure you'll have a lot to write about, at least I love reading basically anything related to foreigners' experiences in Brazil. I'll be sure following your blog, especially because we're living in the same city, married to Brazilians and of the same age!

    Looking forward to your posts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I've started off a little slowly, but hopefully I'll post a little more frequently soon!

    Hanna - do you have a blog? I'd love to read about your experiences too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Tash, unfortunately I don't. Knowing myself I wouldn't be consistent enough once I really get into the job market in Brazil. If you want to email though, I'll leave you here my secondary email ojalasupiera2hotmail.com (change 2 for @).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tash, I also live in Floripa and am "married" to a Brazilian. I have lived here for over 3 years now. I'm from California. My e-mail is kris10dh2hotmail.com (I put the two here instead of the @ symbol. I assume that's what we need to do here??) I live near Shopping Floripa.

    ReplyDelete